Letting only service
Thomas Merrifield Lettings & Management can find the right tenant for your property leaving you to collect the rent and manage the property yourself.
Free Initial Property Valuation
- Your aim and ours is to let your property at the best price in the shortest possible time.
- One of our expert valuers will meet you and discuss the letting potential and current market rent
- Advise you of the services we offer and the rules and regulations involved in letting your property
Presenting your property
- First impressions count making the presentation of your property essential for a successful let to the right tenant
- We will advise how to make your property as appealing as possible in order to ensure you let it quickly
Marketing Your Property
To find the perfect tenant you need to give your property the Maximum exposure . Our marketing services include:
- Professional internal and external photographs on ALL properties
- Floor plans on ALL properties
- Regular and prominent advertising in local publications
- Adding your property details to our colour Lettings List throughout our 7 Thomas Merrifield offices in Oxfordshire
- Your property details will be listed on our website
- Your property will also be listed on rightmove.co.uk the foremost property portal
- Accompanied viewings with all tenants is required
- Applicant screening and interviewing and negotiation of tenancy details
Securing of a Successful Letting
As soon as an offer is received we will contact you with the full details and any special conditions to help you decide if to accept it or not.
Once an offer is agreed we obtain and check references and arrange all legal and financial paperwork to include the following
- Preparation of a full tenancy agreement
- Preparation of a detailed inventory and schedule of condition
- Collection of first months rent
- Collection and registering of Deposit if required
- Checking tenants into the property (when possible)
- Transferring utilities into tenants’ names
- Dealing with any initial issues that the tenants raise
End of Tenancy
This is often the most difficult period when the tenant leaves and the property needs to be assessed for cleanliness and damages. Unlike many Agents we provide a checkout at the end of the tenancy as part of our service for all clients (Letting only or Managed)
Property check and report on works to be carried out to re-let the property
- Organising and providing a checkout report after the tenants vacate
- Arranging any works to be carried out to be deducted from the tenants deposit
- Ensuring meters are read (where possible)
- Agreeing and arranging with you any refurbishment works needed for re-letting
- Obtaining a current sales valuation and arranging for the sale of the property through the appropriate Thomas Merrifield office if required
Protection and Insurances
We can assist you with the following:
- Rental protection – we recommend rental protection in case of the unexpected. Thomas Merrifield can put you in touch with an insurer to arrange a policy to help protect your investment and income. Tenants personal circumstances can take a turn for the worse affecting their ability to pay. Our insurers can arrange insurance to ensure the rent is covered and legal costs are met to take care of the eviction process.
- Buildings and contents insurance – it is essential to have an adequate level and rental-specific buildings and contents insurance. We can obtain quotes for you for comprehensive insurance specifically for landlords.
- Please note you must ensure that any Insurance Policy is valid if the property is being Let out.
- Not all policies cover this, especially if you are letting out your own home.